- The screening of applicants is carried out in two stages. The preliminary screening comprises of an Audition & practical test which is conducted at Sikkim and Guwahati.
- The final selection is subject to clearance of physical fitness test conducted at Gangtok, Sikkim.
Fees, Dues & Deposits
- Admission fee Rs 150/-
- Tuition fee Rs 150/- Per month.
- Caution money & Library fee Rs.5000/- (refundable after final settlement of accounts).
Other Miscellaneous Dues:
- Medical charges: Rs 100/- per month.
- Hostel fee including Electricity & Water charges Rs.250/- per month.
Scholarship The Centre awards a scholarship of Rs 4500/- (four thousand five hundred only) per month to the selected candidates.
Selected candidates are covered by a Risk Cover Insurance Policy and are required to pay the premium amount of Rs 230/- per annum. The Centre does not take any other responsibility beyond this insurance coverage.
Classes are normally held from 7 am to 6 pm with usual breaks of tea and lunch. Rehearsals and other practical works will continue in the evenings till such times as required and also on holidays depending on the case.
- 30 days holiday on the eve of Dussehra & Diwali.
- Study tour in the month of January every year for 20 days to learn Indian Traditional/Folk forms at different places of the country.
Boarding & Lodging
We provide accommodation for both girls and boys. Accommodation provided to the students may be on a room-sharing basis which is mandatory.