Shortlisted candidates will have to appear for an interview. An Expert Committee constituted by the Centre will assess the aptitude and talent of the candidates & its decision will be final. Any CANVASSING in this regard will be treated as a ground for disqualification.
Fees, Dues & Deposits
- Tuition fee: Rs.150/- Per month.
- Caution money & Library fee: Rs.5, 000/-(refundable after final settlement of accounts).
Other Miscellaneous Dues
- Medical charges: Rs. 100/- per month.
- Hostel fee: Rs. 250/- per month.
- The NSD Sikkim awards a scholarship of Rs.6000/- (Rupees Six Thousand Only) per month to the selected candidates.
Selected candidates are covered by a Risk Cover Insurance Policy and are required to pay the premium amount of Rs. 230/- per annum. The Centre does not take any other responsibility beyond this insurance coverage.
Classes are normally held from 7 am to 6 pm with usual breaks of tea and lunch. Rehearsals and other practical works will continue in the evenings till such times as required and also on holidays depending on the case.
There will be a month long holiday in the academics.
A month long study tour organized every year to learn Indian Traditional/Folk forms in different places of the country.
Boarding & Lodging
We provide accommodation for both girls and boys. Accommodation provided to the students may be on a room-sharing basis which is mandatory.